(from "The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna"):

Sri Ramakrishna: I determined to put an end to my life. When I jumped up like a madman and seized [a sword], suddenly the blessed Mother revealed herself. The buildings with their different parts, the temple, and everything else vanished from my sight, leaving no trace whatsoever, and in their stead I saw a limitless, infinite, effulgent Ocean of Consciousness. As far as the eye could see, the shining billows were madly rushing at me from all sides with a terrific noise, to swallow me up! I was panting for breath. I was caught in the rush and collapsed, unconscious . . . within me there was a steady flow of undiluted bliss, altogether new, and I felt the presence of the Divine Mother

==========

Vira Chandra: As Abhinavagupta pada says in Tantra-sara: 

yathā yathā yasya yadā eva prasphurati adhyavasāyḥ  
tathā tathā tasya tadā eva tādṛśo bhavati prabhāvḥ 

What, what, and whenever the determination is manifested,
Such, such then the result is obtained.

No comments:

Post a Comment