Mahajji

 (from "Miracle of Love"):


I previously believed that a saint should observe certain restrictions as to food. Also, I never took tea or coffee, and I ate a very simple, small diet. I never took medicines. I wondered how people could take so many pills.


After Maharajji left I caught a cold. At first the doctors thought it was a flu, then they said it was a more serious disease. So I had to take fifteen pills a day to cure it. It was all


Maharajji’s play. The doctors also told me to put on weight so from 6:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. I ate. I wondered how I could eat so much when previously I had only eaten two chapattis at a meal. All my old ideas vanished.


This was similar to what happened when I came to Kainchi, prior to which time I never drank tea.


On the first day at Kainchi I did not take it, and on the second day when Maharajji asked me if I would drink tea, I didn’t reply. The third morning he asked me, “Do you want tea? You don’t want it. Here, you should drink tea. It’s a cold place!”


So this time I drank tea, and since that day I take anything—tea, coffee whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment