Devaraja Mudaliar
(from "Face to Face"):


Devaraja Mudaliar: I visited Bhagavan first in 1900 and then again in 1914. Thereafter I visited Him occasionally. I once visited Bhagavan in 1923 or 1924 at a time when I was worried about finding a suitable match for my daughter. As I was sitting before Bhagavan, at about 3 o’clock in the Old Hall, an old devotee brought an offering of food for Bhagavan and, as was the practice then, this was distributed to all the devotees gathered there, after Bhagavan had taken a little for himself. There were two dogs at the Ashram then, and both were inside the Hall at the time. One of them went about following the tray of prasadam, begging for some, but the other remained where it was, quiet and patient. Bhagavan, referring to this latter dog, said, “This fellow knows he will get his allotted share.” When He said this, I felt as if He was saying to me, “Why are you so anxious about this marriage? What has been already destined for your daughter, you will get.”

No comments:

Post a Comment